Cereus hildmannianus

This cactus, Cereus hildmannianus, is one of the many that I have enherited with my new garden.  I spoted a possible bloomingsome days ago and I wanted to post images for the Sept GBBD, but nature has its own timing and until yesterday the beautiful flower did not open.



 The cactus was first named in 1890 and is native to South America.  It seems it adapts very well to the Mediterranean climate with very dry summers.  I am not sure how old it is, but surely should be pretty much for its height.


The flowers open at night and lasts 24 hours, I missed the first one, but was lucky to be able to capture the second and enjoy its beauty.


The anecdote is that there some guests enjoying also the flower!







Comments

An incredibly beautiful bloom, Lula! Thanks for sharing!